Emergency Room and Emergency Care Services for Wounds
Wounds can be a medical emergency. ER of Texas provides 24-hour emergency care with no wait.
Most wounds are not emergencies. If a wound is severe and needs treatment, this will usually reveal itself over time if the wound does not start to heal or the pain gets worse. However, there are emergency situations where wounds need treatment right away. Be sure to familiarize with the signs of an emergency wound so that you can take appropriate action.
Signs that a wound requires immediate treatment include:
- Excessive bleeding; bleeding that soaks through bandages
- There is an object stuck in the wound
- The wound is very large or deep
- The wound was caused by an animal bite
- The wound was caused by something rusty or dirty and you have not had a tetanus shot in five years
- You have difficulty moving the limb where the wound is located
- You experience disorientation, high heart rate, fever, shortness of breath, or other unusual symptoms not long after receiving the wound
Infected wounds & abscesses may not require a trip to the emergency room, but you should not delay getting treatment for even a day longer if you notice the symptoms. At ER of Texas, we have an urgent care/walk-in clinic that can provide same-day treatment for non-emergency conditions.
Personalized Quality Care
In-house Lab, X-Ray & CT Scan
Fast Emergency Care Available 24/7
All Physicians Are Board Certified